HAPPYFEET VANCOUVER SOCCER
PARENT - GUARDIAN RELEASE AND CONSENT FORM/ CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT
As a parent or legal guardian of the minor child (herein “Minor Child”) hereby consent to the Minor Child’s participation in the programs and activities related to [Youth Soccer] sponsored by HappyFeet Vancouver, including but not limited to any transportation related to or in connection with such programs and activities (herein the “Programs and Activities”). I hereby RELEASE and discharge HappyFeet Vancouver, including, but not limited to, its employees, elected officials, agents, representatives, volunteers, and other related persons (hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as “Staff”), and each of them individually and collectively, for any and all liability, claims, or expenses for any loss, injury, death, or damage to me, the Minor Child and/or to any of our property related to or arising out of, directly or indirectly, the Minor Child’s participation in the Programs and Activities, including, without limitation, any liability, claim, or expense for personal injuries and/or property damage suffered by the Minor Child and/or me resulting from or arising out of any act or omission (whether arising from negligent, or reckless conduct) whatsoever of HappyFeet Vancouver.
I further agree to INDEMNIFY HappyFeet Vancouver and HOLD Staff HARMLESS from and against any and all liability, claims, or expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees) asserted by any other person and/or entity (whether arising from negligent, or reckless conduct of the Staff) for loss, injury, death, or damage to me, Minor Child or any of our property resulting from or arising out of, directly or indirectly, the Minor Child’s participation in the Programs and Activities. I further agree to INDEMNIFY Staff and HOLD Staff HARMLESS from and against any and all liability, claims, or expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees) by any person or entity for loss, injury, death, or damage to any other person or entity and/or their property resulting from or arising out of any act or omission (whether arising from negligent, or reckless conduct) by me or Minor Child. I hereby authorize a physician, hospital, nurse or emergency medical technician to administer that medical care to the Minor Child which in their professional opinion is necessary and reasonable for the Minor Child. I further COVENANT NOT TO SUE HappyFeet Vancouver in any forum arising out of any losses, damages, sickness, injuries, death, or other loss, of whatever nature and howsoever incurred, that may arise out of or in any way be related to the Minor Child’s participation in the Programs and Activities, including, but not limited to, claims resulting from: delay, the criminal acts of others; the use of any vehicle; strike; war; a threat or act of terrorism; weather; the provision of medical care; quarantine; any governmental restriction or regulation; or any act or omission by any other person.
I, on my own behalf and on behalf of the Minor Child, hereby state that I fully understand the risks involved in Minor Child’s participation in the Programs and Activities and that I have taken and will take all necessary precautions to protect my Minor Child and others. I hereby represent that the Minor Child is physically fit and competent to fully participate in the Programs and Activities and agree to assume any and all risks and dangers related to or arising out of my Minor Child’s participation in the Programs and Activities. On my own behalf and on behalf of the Minor Child, I agree that we will abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the Staff in regards to the Programs and Activities.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents, players, coaches and fans represent HappyFeet Vancouver Soccer when our teams play. The actions of one of us affect the image of all of us. This Code of Conduct encourages us to work together to play with good sportsmanship and to treat players, coaches, referees and parents with respect. It also identifies the possible consequences we will encounter when we can’t behave in an appropriate manner.
Treat Your Team with Respect
Ensure your child and all his/her equipment gets to classes and leagues on time.
Do not leave without your child. Parent must be present for the duration of all League activities.
Disagreements with the coach do not belong on the public soccer field before, during or after a game or practice. Questions and comments should be voiced later in an adult atmosphere.
Treat Our Players and Opponents with Respect
Coaches, not parents, are the ones we entrust to instruct our players. Parent criticism of (or "constructive help" for) other HappyFeet/Legends players is usually not well received by the player, coach or the player's parents.
Whether you win or lose, do so with class.
Never yell at or criticize a player on the opposing team. Think how incensed you become when another parent or coach, especially one from the opposing team, yells at your child.
Avoid confrontations or shouting matches with the coaches, parents, or fans of an opposing team. An effective response is to move to a part of the field where you cannot hear them.
Constant yelling is very irritating to the people around you (even if you think your comments are positive).
No alcohol, drugs, profanity or fighting are ever permitted at soccer games or practice.
Grievances and Consequences
Your Director of Coaching is the first person you should contact if you feel a parent's, players, or coach's behavior warrants corrective action (e.g., verbal abuse of players, coaches, or opposing fans). The director will attempt to resolve or correct the issue.
The board may impose penalties including reprimands, suspension of playing/coaching/spectator privileges, and expulsion from a team or the club.
As a coach or parent of a player in the HappyFeet Vancouver Soccer Club, I acknowledge that...
I have read, understand and will adhere to this Code of Conduct;
My continued participation in club activities, and that of my children, is contingent upon my ability to do so; and
I will help my fellow parents and coaches when, in the emotions of the game, they need to be reminded of their own commitment to this Code of Conduct.
The parent and or guardian signature on this form also permits HappyFeet Vancouver and HappyFeet Vancouver Soccer official photographer 'Sara Boznik Photography' to use still photography and or video originating from our programs for promotional purposes to include, but not limited to, print, website and various forms of visual print media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other forms of social media.
I understand that HappyFeet Vancouver will attempt to make up for any lost time due to inclement weather; however, if this is not possible, I understand that no refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
Upon commitment to a team, you are financially responsible for all Club fees as stated for the entire season.
HappyFeet League Policies:
1) Full payment of all league and registration fees is expected at the time of registration. Players will not be permitted to participate unless payment has been received.
2) Returned Checks: There is a $25 administration fee for any returned checks or cancellation.
3) Refunds: Refund requests must be made in writing to in accordance with the deadline below. All refunds will be paid by check and processed within 30 days of the written request.
For HappyFeet the following refund policies apply: A full refund, minus a $25 processing fee, will be provided up to midnight the day before the first scheduled game of the season for which the player is registered. Once the first game for either league has been played, the season is considered to have officially started. Players who withdraw from either league prior to the second game of the season will receive a 50% refund; no refunds will be made after the second game of the season.
4) Missed Practices/Games: During the league season, there will be no reimbursement/prorated fees or make-ups for practices or games missed due to personal matters, including (but not limited to): vacations, school and social events. Parents of players who will miss more than one week of practices and games due to illness or injury should contact the HappyFeet Director to discuss billing and make-up options.
By signing this document I am waiving certain legal rights, including the right to sue or claim compensation from HappyFeet Vancouver and I am agreeing to certain conduct. I understand that I would not be permitted to attend classes with my Minor Child during the COVID-19 Pandemic if I did not agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INFORMED CONSENT
I hereby declare and agree to the following on behalf of myself and the minor child listed below (collectively "we"):
1. In recognition of the infectious nature of the COVID-19 virus, and the potential to be infected by a person showing no symptoms of exposure to the virus, I understand that there is a risk that I/We could be infected with the COVID-19 virus as a result of my/our attendance at class, and suffer serious medical consequences, even death, as well as financial loss, and in full knowledge and understanding of these risks, I declare that I freely assume such as risks as the consequences of my choice to attend class and permit the minors listed below to attend class.
2. That such attendance shall be entirely at my own risk, and I/WE FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND ANY LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
I hereby declare that:
3. Neither I nor anyone else in my household, nor anyone with whom I have had contact within the last fourteen days, has to my knowledge experienced any symptoms known or understood or suspected to be linked to the COVID-19 virus; these include, but are not limited to, fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, and difficulty in breathing, and any other symptoms published by any provincial or municipal health authority. If I or anyone in my household, or any person with whom I have had contact, to my knowledge, develop or experience any such symptoms after I submit this form, I agree that I will not attend class for a minimum of fourteen days after such symptoms have entirely disappeared.
4. Neither I nor any member of my household, or any person with whom I or members of my household have been in contact, have travelled to or from or had any lay-over in any country outside of Canada in the past fourteen days. If I or anyone in my household travels to and from any country outside of Canada after submitting this form, I will not attend class for a minimum period of the longer of a) fourteen days after the date of return to Canada, and b) the completion of any quarantine period required by the federal or provincial health authority or any other authority having jurisdiction in that regard.